Asphalt parking lots, driveways, sidewalks and roads require regular care and maintenance. One way to make asphalt maintenance easier is to have it sealcoated. Here are the top six reasons why you should consider sealcoating your driveway in Des Moines, IA:
- Extends the life of the pavement: Experts in the asphalt business recommend adding a layer of sealcoating to your asphalt parking lot or driveway to extend the life of the paved surface. This layer can help protect the surface from the elements year after year, which is very important as the colder months approach. Cold temperatures, moisture and frost can harm pavement, but not so much when it has a sealcoat.
- Prevents high repair costs: Paved surfaces that are not sealcoated are more exposed to the elements. Over time, harsh UV sunlight, hail and rain can cause damage ranging from cracks and stains to potholes of all sizes. Damage can be expensive to repair, and if the situation isn’t controlled, you may need to replace the entire paved surface way sooner than expected. Sealcoat your surface to avoid high repair costs!
- Blocks damaging effects of the sun: The sun can wreak havoc on your parking lot or driveway any time of the year. The good news about sealcoating is that it’s like sunscreen for asphalt and concrete. This sealer fills surface voids and protects the paved surface from the damaging effects of the sun.
- Protects against water and freezing: As already mentioned, an unprotected paved surface is vulnerable to the elements. They are also susceptible to water damage. Particularly wet winters can make matters worse, because water can seep into small surface cracks and freeze. Water expands when it freezes, causing larger and additional cracks and other types of damage. Applying a quality sealcoat seals in the small pits and cracks so water cannot get into the asphalt.
- Protects the surface from auto fluid drips: Asphalt is a petroleum product. As such, auto fluids like gas and oil that land on the surface of your pavement can dissolve into the asphalt. Eventually, this reaction softens the surface, causing breakage, cracks and other damage. Because gas and other automobile fluid spills are inevitable, it makes sense to add a layer of sealcoat to protect your driveway or parking lot. This saves you from having to inspect your surface every day for spills to clean up.
- Keeps asphalt looking pretty: Sealcoating is one of the simplest ways to keep asphalt looking like new and beautiful. A fresh sealcoating application goes on in a sleek black color that instantly boosts the appearance of your asphalt surface, and as a result, the rest of your property looks lovely as well. It also makes it non-porous, so rain can easily move dirt and debris off the pavement to keep your surface looking clean and beautiful.
Contact the experts at Pearce Paving for more information about sealcoating your driveway in Des Moines, IA. We look forward to showing you what we can do for your property!
Categorised in: Sealcoating