When asphalt is cared for properly, it can last for decades, but all asphalt must be repaired or replaced eventually. However, asphalt repair in Des Moines, IA can be costly, so many property owners delay this project for weeks, months or even years. Unfortunately, delaying asphalt repair can cause even more problems that rack up additional costs. With that in mind, it’s worth it to consider some signs that it’s time for asphalt repair for your driveway, road or parking lot.
Look out for these signs to indicate it’s time for asphalt repair in Des Moines, IA:
- Drainage problems: One of the most important signs to look for when determining whether it’s time for asphalt repair in Des Moines, IA is ineffective drainage. Asphalt surfaces should be designed to promote effective drainage of water during periods of heavy precipitation. If your asphalt often has large pools of water that won’t go away, it’s likely that your asphalt has shifted or that it wasn’t installed with proper drainage in the first place.
- Potholes: Potholes are very common in asphalt pavement, especially in areas with harsh weather conditions, including freezing winter temperatures and heavy precipitation in the spring and fall. Potholes vary widely in size, but it’s important to address potholes as soon as you notice them in your pavement, regardless of how big or small they are.
- Extensive cracking: It’s normal for some small cracks to develop in asphalt as a result of harsh weather conditions or excessive traffic that puts pressure on pavement, but extensive cracking is a sign that it’s time for asphalt repair in Des Moines, IA. Pay attention to cracking patterns in your asphalt and avoid driving over damaged areas. Cracks can expose your pavement’s foundation to additional damage, so it’s important to invest in repairs as soon as possible and minimize pressure on these weak points in the meantime.
- Discoloration: When asphalt is first installed, it has a distinctly vibrant dark color that looks polished and sleek. Over time, asphalt begins to fade to a lighter color. Not only is this color fading visually unappealing, it’s also a sign of overall wear and tear. If you notice that your asphalt has faded and lost much of its pigment, consider investing in sealcoating service to restore its appearance and reinforce its strength.
- Sinking or warping: Any shifting, warping or sinking of asphalt pavement should be taken seriously. These issues are signs of damage to the foundation of asphalt that can cause all kinds of problems. Schedule a consultation with an asphalt repair professional to assess the condition of the asphalt and determine which repair services are necessary.
Asphalt repair in Des Moines, IA
For more information about asphalt repair in Des Moines, IA, or to request professional paving services, reach out to Pearce Paving. We are the leading family owned and operated provider of paving services in the Des Moines area. If your asphalt is showing signs of wear, tear and damage, our team is here to help. We will conduct a thorough inspection and provide the asphalt repair, resealing and repaving services necessary to get your pavement in the best shape possible for years to come. Give us a call today to get started with a quote.
Categorised in: Asphalt Repairs