One of the best aspects of an asphalt driveway or parking lot is the fact that it’s practically maintenance free. Unlike some other materials, you don’t really need to care for it once the pavement has settled. However, if you want to get the most out of your asphalt, you’re advised to have it sealcoated every few years. Continue reading to learn about the advantages of sealcoating in Des Moines, IA:
- Prolongs lifespan: Sealcoating is an added layer of protection that covers your blacktop. It protects asphalt from the elements, which means that it extends your driveway’s lifespan. While nothing will totally stop the aging process, sealcoating significantly slows it down. A driveway that’s been sealcoated typically looks years younger than one that has not been. Have your driveway sealcoated today and get ready to have the best-looking driveway on the block!
- Prevents repair costs: Patching up cracks and fixing potholes in your asphalt can get expensive after a while. Unfortunately, paying someone to make those repairs is inevitable if your driveway isn’t protected from the elements with a layer of sealcoating. The easiest way to save yourself some money and the hassle of having your driveway repaired (or totally replaced) is to call a professional to sealcoat it today.
- Protects against freezing and thawing: The freezing and thawing cycle is your driveway’s number one enemy. Rainwater seeps into the asphalt, where it freezes, expands and eventually cracks the pavement. Sealcoating blocks all of that moisture from penetrating the pavement, so you don’t need to worry about your pavement cracking or developing potholes anytime soon.
- Blocks effects of the sun: Rain and ice aren’t the only threats to your driveway or parking lot—you also have to be mindful of the sun! The sun’s powerful UV rays fade the dark rich color of blacktop and eventually make the pavement more brittle and prone to cracking. Again, the only way to protect your pavement is to have it sealcoated. Just like sunscreen, a layer of sealcoating protects your pavement from those penetrating UV rays.
- Prevents damage from auto fluids: The third inevitable threat to your driveway comes from the cars that park on top of it. As you probably know, cars tend to leak fluids when they’re parked, especially if they’re older vehicles. These fluids are incredibly harmful to the pavement and can cause permanent stains if the surface isn’t sealcoated.
- Preserves natural beauty: The deep black color of a newly-paved driveway is tough to beat. Unfortunately, that look won’t last forever, and the color will eventually begin to lighten and turn gray. You can preserve its black appearance for as long as possible by having your driveway sealcoated every few years.
Summer is one of the best times to sealcoat your driveway, so pick up the phone and schedule service with Pearce Paving today! We provide the best service in town for some of the most competitive rates. Give us a call today to schedule sealcoating in Des Moines, IA—you’ll be glad you did!
Categorised in: Uncategorized